Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Happy Birthday Ann Blyth and Mae Clarke!

Ann Blyth photographed in the 1940's. 
I'm very lucky to have a autographed photo of the versatile and lovely Ann Blyth. She starred in two of my favorite films as Veda in Mildred Pierce (1945) and as "Killer" in Once More My Darling (1949). She was gifted in both Comedy and Drama. Ann is still with us today at the age of 89. Happy Birthday Ann!
Mae Clarke and Robert Montgomery on the MGM lot in 1933.
Mae Clarke was originally supposed to appear in Robert Montgomery's film Made on Broadway (1933). I assume that this is why the above photo exists! Mae had to pull out of the film last minute, due to what I believe was a car accident. Sally Eilers replaced her, but I would have love to of seen Robert Montgomery and Mae Clarke work together. She was a great actress who should be more remembered than just for her grapefruit scene in The Public Enemy (1931). Happy Birthday Mae!

No comments:

Post a Comment