Saturday, October 1, 2016

Audrey Totter and her magnificent eyebrows

Audrey Totter: Femme Fatale extraordinaire.
Today,  I watched the Film Noir titled Lady in the Lake, which was released in 1947. This was based on the book by Raymond Chandler with the same title. I mainly watched it for actor (and also director in this case) Robert Montgomery. I adore Robert Montgomery (and I mean ADORE him) and will talk about him in another post, but I'm here to talk about leading lady Audrey Totter. I had never seen a performance by her before this film. She was intriguing, beautiful, and a total Femme Fatale as Adrienne Fromsett. She plays the editor of a publishing company who hires Montgomery's Phillip Marlowe to find the wife of her boss, who is apparently missing. I won't spoil the film, but definitely watch it!

Lets talk about her magnificent eyebrows! She had many priceless facial reactions in the film (which included the raising of her eyebrows). And of course, her perfectly shaped eyebrows.  I should mention that this film was shot from the viewpoint of the main character (which was Marlowe). So, Miss Totter had to look directly at the camera. She was great and I want to watch more films with her in them. 

Cool fact: She was born on December 20th, 1917 in Joliet Illinois, which is not far from were I live! How cool to have an actress such as her from around where I reside! She passed away recently in 2013 and lived to be 95 years old. What an awesome lady!
Audrey Totter and Robert Montgomery in Lady in the Lake (1947).
Look at those eyebrows! Audrey Totter in Lady in the Lake (1947).
Audrey Totter and Robert Montgomery in Lady in the Lake (1947).

No comments:

Post a Comment